Thursday, March 13, 2014

After the break...

     Going into the break I was pretty depressed about how my semester was going. I was doing poorly in multiple classes due to my poor attendance caused by my chronic illness. I had missed tests, assignments, and I just didn't feel good about any or it. During the break, though, the medicine I had started a while back finally started showing progress and now I'm feeling much better (still not 100%, but a big improvement). I've spoken with my professors and am allowed to make up the missed work and I'm feeling great about getting back on track. I also got an email from a recruiter at Google asking for my resume and transcript, so that is also very exciting! 

     Aside from all the non-coding related stuff, I was able to build our project from source and started looking at a particular bug. I believe I've found the exact file in which the bug occurs, now the only thing left is to pinpoint it. The file is quite but - 3600 lines of code - but I don't think it will be that bad. After reading a few hundred lines of it, I'm beginning to get a feel for the project and how it works. Some of the code was commented out, and there has been decent documentation within the code to let you know what it's doing, but of course it could be better. The code itself is descriptive as well, which helps a ton, so I'm pretty confident about fixing this but, which will be the first one for our group. It's also exciting because my group was getting nervous about my attendance and wasn't sure what was going on - I was kinda MIA, so if I fix a bug it will probably be a big relief to them, and myself as well of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment