Sunday, December 1, 2013

Homework #25 - 11/14 (Makeup)

Deliverable 4:

     I'm much more happy with my contribution to the group from this point on. I spent several hours working on this deliverable with material the other group members gave to me. I researched online to see what a professional deliverable report should look like, and borrowed elements of the layout and some formatting designs. I also feel like I have pretty sufficient technical writing skills, so when I compared my report to the ones the group previously produced, I feel as if the writing quality was just a little bit better, or at least more concise and to the point.
     Again, however, the group suffered from our division in both design and communication, and so the product was not written with a complete understanding of the overall system design. For example, in our test cases, the "Requirement" section of the JSON file was usually just a '?'. I had no idea what was even the point of including this in the file if they were all just question marks. When I was reading back through some of the older deliverable instructions, it said that each test case was to be able to be traced back to a single requirement. For me, that is what this section should have stated: which requirement is this specific test case testing for? After asking Ian about it, however, he explained it as it was supposed to be the required circumstances of the input to get the same expected result. Perhaps I still misunderstood what he said, but this is what I took away from it at least.
    I also reworked some of the previous deliverables to fit into this one and rewrote some of the wording, since at each deliverable, it stated that it was supposed to be a chapter in our final deliverable booklet. I was quite pleased with the document after I was finished with it. It really did look like a professional document. Tan whipped up some images we could use as kind of a company logo for our group, and I was able to include those as well, further adding to the convincing professionalism. Getting a good looking deliverable wasn't the only positive thing that came out of the experience, though. All of my team members complimented my work on it, and I felt like I finally did something to really contribute to the group, boosting my confidence as well. Really a great experience overall and I'm glad I was able to work on it and put so much time into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment